widgets

segunda-feira, 10 de novembro de 2008

An Evening Prayer - (Uma Oração à Noitinha)





- "Psalm 19
12 Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults.
13 Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me.
Then I shall be blameless, and I shall be innocent of great transgression."



- "Salmo 19
12 Quem pode discernir os próprios erros? Purifica-me tu dos que me são ocultos.
13 Também de pecados de presunção guarda o teu servo, para que não se assenhoreiem de mim; então serei perfeito, e ficarei limpo de grande transgressão."





• Uma Oração à Noitinha (An Evening Prayer)
Letra & Música: C. Maude Battersby
Arr. Charles H. Gabriel

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/e/v/evprayer.htm


• Inglês

1. If I have wounded any soul today,
If I have caused one foot to go astray,
If I have walked in my own willful way,
Dear Lord, forgive!

2. If I have uttered idle words or vain,
If I have turned aside from want or pain,
Lest I myself shall suffer through the strain,
Dear Lord, forgive!

3. If I have been perverse or hard, or cold,
If I have longed for shelter in Thy fold,
When Thou hast given me some fort to hold,
Dear Lord, forgive!

4. Forgive the sins I have confessed to Thee;
Forgive the secret sins I do not see;
O guide me, love me and my keeper be,
Dear Lord, Amen.


• Português


1. Se sofrimentos eu causei, Senhor;
se o meu exemplo fez alguém cair;
se em Teus caminhos eu não quis andar,
perdão, Senhor!


2. Se vão e fútil foi o meu falar;
se a meu irmão não demonstrei amor;
se ao sofredor não estendi a mão,
perdão, Senhor!


3. Se indiferente foi o meu viver;
tranqüilo, calmo, sem lutar por Ti,
devendo estar mui firme no labor,
perdão, Senhor!


4. Escuta, ó Deus, a minha petição,
e vem livrar-me de incertezas mil.
Transforma este pobre pecador.
Amém, Senhor!

Nenhum comentário: